Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It is pumpkin pickin' time!  Juniper and Astrid loved it, Dennis wanted a BIG PUMPKIN, but we said NOOOOOO!

Checkin' IN!!!

Let's see if I can string some random posts I have placed through social media into a blog post and more.


Looking at this, what a great shot, in the moment, in Logan canyon on the Crimson Trail. I was unaware of the photo op, naive to my surroundings, as I was in the moment.

What was captured was something much larger than me, but it didn't matter in the moment bc I was focused, in fact I was stretched at this time, it was good, and à kind mentor was humble enough to satiate my naivete. This is a moment in my running, triathlon and adventuring journey I cherish.

Folks often look at things with a sideways view, but I don't care bc I have been here, right here, in this moment, and I know just how precious it is. That's how life is, like when I realized what Liz was to me, the moment we got married, each time a child has come into our lives. Each race I have seen Liz cross or when I have crossed lines myself.

Today I made a comment on someone I admire who is about to toe the line at Kona at the IM world championship, and they liked my comment. Seemingly insignificant, it identifies a raw connection to these moments in triathlon and in life.

In a few days, ok à bit more, my wife gets to have another candle on her cake. October 28 is a big day for her. How grateful I am for her patience with me and allowing me to toe the line at a few 70.3's and many other events. Sure, maybe I'd love to go to kona, but I sure do appreciate and love her and our little tribe more. Those are the thoughts I cherish in moments such as this.

I am coming to appreciate the stillness. All noise, disruption and irritations fade away. Maybe that's why I am comfortable in long course endurance sports, it's not about the pain, rather its about the clarity I can find in those tough, beautiful, raw and honest moments. It's so much more than a mindset, it's why and where I feel mostly at home.

Thanks for the like of my simple comment, race well in kona, to those I do or don't know, I've been admiring from afar since that first day I saw the IM world championship on Wide World of Sports in that house on Quincewood Circle. Maybe, one day, but until then, I'll savor moments with my family and those like this photo.

Many folks will see an at-home office space. I see a work in progress. Life, work, balance is tough. It's like a swim stroke to me.  Recently I swam - you know basics and working on 2 specific things in my stroke.  Trying to correct a bad habit. I twist my hand early when entering my recovery phase, trying to adjust for a long and fuller pull to recovery, and one other thing, but dunno how to explain it. Anyway, I feel my lats again. Patience and building, strength and form will deliver better outcomes.

My desk space was a bit cluttered and dishevelled, by cleaning it up and doing some specific cord management I was able to clear my mind and work through some noise at work that was disrupting life.

There are so many things that my long course triathlon hobby has taught me, and then there is my patient wife - always waiting and being like, why'd you take the long road silly.

Also because the Kona World Championship was Saturday  ---

Team Zoot 2020 applications now open!

Here is my what I submitted in my application:
You know, I really don't know how to respond here other than, I really have enjoyed my zoot gear, I love the 'Ohana' concept, I love the kits from last year and my friends that were team zoot last year. We are having our 4th child next year and 'Ohana' means a lot to us right now. Triathlon has really helped me just become better. Some thoughts: I am coming to appreciate the stillness I find in the endurance sports lifestyle. All noise, disruption and irritations fade away. Maybe that's why I am comfortable in long course endurance sports, it's not about the pain, rather its about the clarity I can find in those tough, beautiful, raw and honest moments. It's so much more than a mindset, it's why and where I feel mostly at home. By being part of Team Zoot, I will be able to non-verbally open an opportunity to share the endurance sports lifestyle and influence others through actions and recommend a strong reputable brand that supports what I tend to do in endurance sports. I'd like to believe through my active and passive participation in triathlon and wearing zoot gear and representing the 'Ohana' of the brand, I may inspire others to enter a transformative lifestyle or provide the courage to persist if they are already en route.
My wall of stuff.
My wall kind of sits and looms over me lately.  It's fun to have a workspace that is my own.  To be able to work from home and then at times look over and look at this wall and be able to re-visit some of the memories.  From my personal transformation (Click Here), to my first humbling and many lesson's learned 70.3 IM St George experience (Race Reflections) and Tim Don personal highlights, to my 2nd 70.3 IM St. George experience (where I had a brief conversation with the to be winner of the day), and well,  too many other divers memories.  Each significant in its own right, but each helping me to develop this something like this:


AND


So, I guess, I often retreat back to listening and watching my ironman videos :  Click here
I even went so far to compile all of my spotify playlists into one super playlist.



Anyway, I guess I still have a bit of a flame left in me.  I don't know that I will ever be able to make it to Kona, but what I do know.  I know that I love the 70.3 distance.  I know that I like/love the training that is required to keep me in shape for 70.3.  I know that I have not even come close to my potential for this distance.  I know that I am excited to try to complete an finish a full.

That being said, family first.  IT's exciting that we have kiddo number 4 in-bound and expected on May 14.  Now, the interesting part is that I have to seek and figure out a deferral.  Sometime over the next month, I guess I will be investigating options.  The issue is, family dynamics are changing and it has been a challenge to get back to where I'd like to be.  Especially considering the last two work weeks, as an example, that have been 60 hour plus brutal weeks.  This is part of the journey and the process.  I am feeling the effects my last few tooling runs where I try to concentrate on base and begin to figure out what to concentrate on.  I have been beaten up, my On-Running shoes are beaten up:





This is what a 70.3 training cycle and some 1200 miles look like. I got this pair of shoes just over a year ago..these on's have taken me thru central park in NYC, on the Natchez Trace, canyon country in California, all over Utah and much more. @on_running Thanks for a solid pair of shoes, many miles, more adventures, and plenty of memories.  I recall my first few runs in Central Park on these things and then a few weeks back in Michigan running around and by the Big House (University of Michigan - Go Blue!!!) - these have seen plenty of stories for me, not the least of which they have been a daily travel shoe through airports and all over trails and through Cache Valley.  

The last few runs tho, I can feel that they are ready to be retired, and I don't have any other options.  So, I keep running short and easy distances in them for now.  

Life is good, kids are growing, wife is miserable within the first few volatile weeks of bring kiddo 4 into this world.  While watching Kona yesterday, I made sure to focus not only on Jan Frodeno's win, but the win of Anne Haug, and Lucy Charles Barclay not giving up her number 2 spot when she was passed on the run by Sara Crowley.  I made sure that Juniper and Astrid were able to see the efforts that were required and watch the finishes.  I am grateful to my wife who lets me entertain these mini ambitions and watching the females yesterday was a mini/micro tribute to her, too.

Okay, kiddos and family are ready for Sunday afternoon activities.  Cheers!

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go. Use the 'Links', then 'Track me' section to find and stalk me if that's your thing.

Relevant Pics

We'readorable and watching Tots!!

Tots 2 

Tots 3

Tots and now, KONA - 2019 Vega World Championship - Ironman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]