Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

A must use for all things Dave Grohl, and endurance sports/hangry/taper monster etc.

Checkin' IN!!!

I'm not sure where this one will go but thought I should try to stay consistent and get another post in for my blog.  The one and only thing that has remained consistent with my wife being pregnant is my swims.  I have tried to keep up with runs, but with her HCG and pregnancy onset hyperthyroid issues, its a crapshoot off is she will have the energy to help with the kiddos.  So, swims it is after the wee ones are asleep.

I'm trying to slow down in the water.  I tend to swim one speed and although I am making gains, I feel that I am muscling through more than identifying and finding solid patterns and rhythms that will carry me through a full distance and 2.4-mile swim.

So, ya, I'm not sure where to take this, other than I had another great swim last night. After my I am trying to slow down, I have a 1:18 all out 100 yard effort.  This is a spike and a data point and is outside of my bell curve, but I wanted to see just how far I could push while the video capture was on.  I grabbed some footage for video so I can re-analyze my stroke.  That being said, I was able to pick up on something I need to focus on despite the whole needing to get the correct angle.  So, that was easy to pick up on.  Well, swimming was once a hard thing and now I am picking apart the hard things I can't really see while swimming in an effort to get the most ROI during the swim and I hope to put out a 70-80 % effort and come out of the swim ready to tackle the next two disciplines not being wasted from the swim like my first 70.3 in 2015.

Ok, so I had something come across my Facebook feed that was me, and I wanted to share:

Always learning and trying to keep the needle moving consistently forward--
Came across this quote today in my inbox and thought it was worth dressing up a bit. The pic is me captured by my dad, I was coming out of t2 at 70.3 IM St George in 2017. So much was right, but I burnt my match waaaay too early in the swim and on the bike. I know what I did wrong, and that is good enough. On the run, minutes after this pic, I came undone mentally, the event fell apart, I still finished in time but I was choking on burnt biscuits.
I have come to terms with that day many times, not indwelling but trying to pick apart improvements. So, I'm ready to go after this again. I have some ask 'why this hard course ' and I think my simple response is, bc it is just that. I identify with a phrase 'rehearsal for life'. I don't know why my wife supports me in my madness but I do absolutely love that she permits my human weakness in my efforts of multisport activities.
How grateful I am to my wife and most intimate friend - - Liz  - thank you! And so, another journey begins. Hang on!

This is kind of the odd spot of the year because it is time where seasons are beginning to change.  That being said, I plan on putting my bike on the trainer on Monday/Tuesday of next week.  I hope to get a ride outside on Saturday between conference sessions (Click Here).  So, the same is happening with running, and I am having to make myself more available to my family.  I am trying to determine with Liz what our options for deferral for IMSTGeorge are.  So, those are the options.  This points back to Thoughts-patience-more.html (Click here for announcement post).

https://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/st.-george/register.aspx
 So my wife and I recently learned we are expecting kiddo number 4 in May 2020. So, it looks like I will defer my IM scheduled for May 2, 2020 -- St George, Utah. So, we must contemplate other options. We are excited to welcome kiddo 4, and my training has been consistent but 'just different'. I am sharing here.  I am a self-coached athlete.  I like things I hear from the Crushing Iron (C26) triathlon community (Click Here).  I find my resources and apply them best to me.  I have been an unforgiving workload this week that just happens to line up with Liz not have a great past two weeks with onset 'morning sickness' and he hyperthyroid issues that occur from being pregnant - it has just been a BIG keep your head together and be the best I can be in the moment.  I have good and bad moments.

I recently came across this dude below, I've heard him many times, but finally, put together who he is.  I like his lyrical poetic type style.  It's a bit free-style meddled with constructive and challenging and provoking mindful thoughts.  I'm sure he is as complex and messed up as many of the rest of us, but his work is causing me to pause and reflect.  The last one is from the Master or hard things, Mr David Goggins.  IF I need to explain more, please just watch.  I think that is what I have to share for now.  So, I'll pause there.  Cheers!  Enjoy!



https://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2019/01/prince-ea-on-houdini-and-prison-of-mind.html


Some words and thoughts from Prince Ea.  Kind like his vibe in these two word-smithed messages.


Before you listen to this one - WARNING - LANGUAGE he is full of the most tactile word in the American English Vernacular - you were warned:


Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go. Use the 'Links', then 'Track me' section to find and stalk me if that's your thing.

Relevant Pics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]