Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

The hustle and bustle of the Atlanta Airport is always interesting. I think it represents the calamities of life. The spectrum of different attitudes and approaches is diverse. While all that occurs, airport operations and airlines find ways to the best of their ability to accommodate and add value to many of their experiences. It's a simple reminder of how I can only control me. Hopefully, next week is a good week. We will pause as a nation and celebrate gratitude. To be grateful, to reflect and to celebrate things that bring us joy. Hopefully those who peruse My feed will take a brief moment and reflect on the joy in their lives, appreciate it, find gratitude and seek to enrich that gratitude. Cheers. And happy almost Thanksgiving.
I posted the above on FB on my way back from Florida the other day.  It's interesting to see and review the changes in me over time.  I was getting pretty frustrated and despicable towards intolerance and other things.  My temper was growing shorter and I was becoming an ugly person inside.

I am grateful what my wife had been chipping away at me for awhile finally sunk in and got through.  Transformation Tuesday can be read here.  I have been really loose and of off the pasture for the last little bit since Astrid arrived, and well before.  I have let myself creep back up to just over 200 lbs (202.7) to be completely honest.  We got a new scale today and love it.  Well, really I hat its blatant honesty, but its needed.  A worthwhile tool.

I have been listening to my favorite podcast - Crushing Iron #C26 and many of the recent topics just resonate with me.  i joke with the leaders of the podcast that they need to get out of my head and quit Big Brothering me.  I feel like Mel Gibson in the movie Conspiracy Theory --- GRAAAAVY!!!!

Anyway, i think i am finally starting to break out of my ruts/funck.  Last week in Florida i was able to get out, and just get some solid runs in.  It hasn't been helpful that I have been fighting this crap cold for some 9 weeks or better. It was not pleasant.  I also took some time to wade into a saltwater bayou in Florida.  Liz wasn't too happy with it, but I had it on about 3 locals that it is not alligator waters.  In the end it was nice and I wasn't accosted by any animals or locals.  It was also nice to do so after my little runs. 

So, on my way out to Florida, I penned up my new training plan.  I am not currently coached.  this is a struggle.  i really do think I would benefit from coaching, and I think Robbie or Mike from Crushing iron would make an excellent fit for me.  It's purely a choice of economics.  Liz and I are trying to trim things down and lean our debt ratio.  We are not in too bad, but not where we want to be just yet.  Comparing apples to oranges though, we aren't that bad.  But to coaching, I think it would go a long way and in my current stretch goals situation, I am winging it, but i think it is where i need to be for the next 8-9 week block into the new year.  My event is in march and I think i should be getting to a good place with volume.  i am running slow to run fast later, and getting more comfortable in Z2 (Zone 2).


I am currently in week two, and yesterday and today I did well in my two 70 minute runs.  I was also not over running which I have a tendency to do.  Where I am building up for an ultra, I understand that it is the small things, not the flashy epic things that make the most sense.  In the Crushing Iron space they refer to it as "small ball" -- an old baseball term.  My Real perceived Efforts (RPE) were in the 2 + the last two days.  Anyway, I feel now i just have to maintain consistency and keep on top of things.  I also want to use swimming as a major cross trainer emphasis, and i will introduce a weekly spinning session in the next block, after all I don't want to fail at 70.3 IM St. George.

Ok, I need to get to bed as it is the eve of Thanksgiving.  I need to be ready to field the kids for Liz tomorrow and help with things.  We have some local friends coming to join us, and my family arrives Friday and Saturday.  in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is a significant family weekend for us.  We will give baby Astrid a blessing and Dennis turns 12 and will be ordained to the office of Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.   I hope and respect not everyone will agree nor understand our faith based community, but it is significant to me and my family - I hope respect and reverence is offered and I will respect other's in the same way.

Well, off to bed I go.  happy thanksgiving, poor turkeys and hope folks find different points of gratitude to reflect upon.  Cheers!

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

Bleh

Relevant Pics











No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]