Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

Okay, it has been a week.  Daylight Savings Time change, a full moon and now today!!!  It's Friday the 13th!   That being said. given the state of affairs that is currently sweeping the nation and the world.

I have had a good week.  I was able to get a trainer ride in before flying!  I was able to meet up and run with the Long Beach Run Group and tool around Signal Hill.  I was able to get 2 other solid runs in, and a few Active Recovery runs in also.   I was pretty smart about my fueling and eating and not overdoing it but also making sure I ate a good variety.

Triathlon stuff.  

The new smart trainer setup - Wahoo Kickr Core - Let's get after it - Chasing Consistency and 'meh'
I recently bought a Kickr Core, thank you, Liz, for supporting me in my indulgences.  I had to buy a tool to crank in the rear sprocket, but other than that it was a fairly simple unbox and setup process.  In the box was everything.  After a small panic, as they found a great and awesome way to hide the user manual and other power-oriented things.  I saw the gap in the styrofoam and all is well.  Once I got everything ready, I was reading up and saw something about some ESD failures.  So, I double-checked with Liz and then laid out enough laminate flooring to give me space.  After some great suggestions from peers, trusted friends etc, I finished with this setup below.

Added rug and keeping the flywheel unit on the flooring.
So, with the purchase of the trainer, it was quite timely.  I have been using the following smart trainer application that permits me to copy in previous rides or find new things.  I am currently using Rouvy (click Here).  They have an android application called Rouvy AR (Click Here).  I plan to check out Trainer Road and Zwift but working through the free 14 day period of Rouvy.  I am curious to see if my uploaded information will be available after the trial period.

I was able to get a run in at signal hill, that was my two-a-day for the week as I rode in the morning.  I didn't really stay long as the group had many complete the LA Marathon the day prior and those were their moments, I just wanted to run and then eat and rest.  I don't recall the order which I did that.  Then a few simple runs during the week.  I really tried to curb my diet, but after a first group meal I could see me transition to protein-oriented and I just went for it.  I am really trying to switch back off of cow milk and wean myself of unnatural sugars.  I was able to do it for a long time prior, I just need to mindset flip back into that specific discipline.  I was trying to focus on good sleep too, I don't know that I got quality sleep trying to be available to my wife through the week with this mess of Corona.



General stuff

Astrid was sick.  Like not like the other two, and ok I'm done sick.  Sour stomach, puking and being GRUMPY.  It's never fun to have a toddler that is ill.  She is our puker.  She just kept tossing everything up even after giving her the general stuff that keeps it at bay.  Astrid is finally feeling better a few days after I originally put down the thoughts.  I'm grateful that Juniper and Dennis have been doing fairly well and haven't had much disruption in their personal health.  Liz is UBER pregnant - 32 weeks on Tuesday/Thursday and she is closing in on the end.  I sense she is going to be quite the uncomfortable lady.  I'm grateful for her resilience.  I see a strong woman with boundaries, opinionated but well researched and is able to stand her ground and not let others roll over her.  I have seen an uptick in folks being agitated and challenge by her for some reason, and it has taken a toll on both of us supporting each other.


Travels to Compton and Long Beach

Well, I have been travelling a lot from SLC to Compton California.  I have been flying into Long Beach airport and I really like it.  For the first time in a long time, the stresses of flying are greatly minimized as I don't have a long flight or multiple transfers.  It's allowed me to connect with a local running club - Long Beach Running Club  - Gus and his sizable crew has been quite welcoming and I have been grateful to troll around Signal Hill, it's a set of honest hills that reminds me of running up my hill to my home at the end of my runs.

Coronavirus madness and some thoughts I have shared!

If things are loud, I challenge you to listen to this. I am reminded of great and d simple things when I listen to this Mashup. Sure, it's around endurance sports and triathlon, but you can replace your personal passions and dreams. It's so noisy out there, and folks are so easily agitated while people shout from rooftops.



But, can you be still? Can you find stillness and be calm and just be? I know I get lost like the best of us, but I also know I can be better, look to my left and my right and keeping it simple encourage, shut up and observe and listen while another share their own beautiful messy story and I glean so much from their journey as I listen and imagine being in their shoes.

Fwiw, give this a watch, and then, share one thing, not for me, but for you, that gave you pause, and just share why.

Cheers to my Facebook collective, we can and we will get through the times just like we have before. 

"This is one of the most poignant lessons learned from Italy. The challenge is often that unsolicited advice is often not well received. Normally, I witness this in personal and business contexts, but in a broader social context, it truly is disappointing. I imagine many concur at a philosophical level, it's in execution it goes off the rails.(evidence is panicked tp and water runs).

We will get through this, but at what cost. This is a balcony and in the mirror opportunity - what will we do, that's what my concern is, and trying to not let 'fear pretend to be the heart of love'."


Enjoying the emphasis on family times.



Adjust, adapt, iterate with purpose. Take the unanticipated space to slow down, recalibrate, retune, focus and concentrate. great journeys whatever they are to all! We can do this!!!

Self-isolation should really range to 6 - 8 weeks in prudence. Not as a social scare exercise. In some ways, burn out was imminent, but if we may use this opportunity as a way to rest, then maybe we can reasonably course correct.


Some questions and my responses:
QUESTION
How often does a runner need an ambulance? What about cyclists?
Honest question.
Just seems like this is a stretch and the real reason is the obvious reason: people spread germs when they travel to race events.
ANSWER:
In peletons, frequently, also many runners although at peak fitness aren't always healthy. Albeit a bit of a stretch, also looking at population and strain of services differences it is relative within reason. Again, philosophically it's an exercise in prudence it is in execution folks are contentious.
The real reason, a race is a stress, the body is compromised, fitness expression isn't always aligned with health. Lance Armstrong as an example.


To my Team Zooters:


All things triathlon have my mind around this Banksy meme/street art during all the things going on. I for one appreciate the rest, but I will not quit this lifestyle. I'm in process of deferring Imstg and all this just unfurled. I'm hoping st George pushes with the military travel delay thru May 11. I'm not military, and for those that serve, my gratitude is immense and I hope you find options to Ironman too. Anyway, thought I'd share. Like unanticipated GI issues on course, we will weather this storm too. All best too a great group! Thank you for letting me join the excellent ranks of team zoot. 

A young, successful couple found their dream home. Shortly after purchasing it, the couple sat at their kitchen table to indulge in a delicious breakfast. The wife looked out the window, and to her surprise, she saw her neighbor hanging dirty laundry on the clothesline.
'That laundry isn't clean, it's still dirty!' she said to her husband. 'Someone needs to teach her a thing or two when it comes to washing her clothes!'
A couple of days later, the couple sat down at their kitchen table for another meal. The wife saw her neighbor hanging clothes on the clothesline. But this time something was different.
'Wow, look!' the surprised wife said to her husband, 'Her clothes are clean! Someone must have taught her how to wash her clothes!' Without raising his head from his plate, the husband kindly responded, 'Actually, honey, I got up early this morning and washed the window.'
And so it is with life—what we see when watching others depends on the window through which we look. Washing our own windows from time to time changes our perspective.
~~~Thomas s Monson~~~


#zentriathlete #familybalancetri #zenfamily #fitbalancehealth #lifestylenotjusttraining #desire #Dedication #determination #discipline #grateful #gratitude #LifeLessons #c26 #sanctuary #justbreathe #perspective #itisntalwayspretty #consistency #fearthebeard #sharetheroad #wildtriathlete #wildrunner #walkthecliff #burntheisland #beatyesterday #garmin #hydratefaster #smithoptics #speedfil #teamzealios #teamzoot #teamzootmtn #zealios #zootsports

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go. Use the 'Links', then 'Track me' section to find and stalk me if that's your thing.

Relevant Pics






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]