Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

This mirror made me look soooooo good!

Checkin' IN!!!

So, this may be a shortie - post/entry/set of thoughts.  I have also found, when working through writing at work and I get blocked, just writing freely can help the process.  So I divert for 10 minutes here.

I was able to get two 10 KM runs through Central Park (New York City) this week.  I really concentrated on better food and making sure I was getting things done - work life balance.  I didn't sleep well this trip.  We are selling our home and trying to buy a new home and it's just stress.  Liz was back home with the kidlets and trying to manage her and them.  Recipe for chaos.   We have had a handful of showings on our home (for sale) and hopefully more this week and hoping for a straight offer at asking price :)

Here is the link to the MLS of our home - please share.

Anyway,  The runs were nice.  After a 3 week forced break called life, I was able to just run.  I ran the first day with two of the miles at sub 7 - oops.  The whole run slow to run fast works.  But, it WAS NOT sustainable - dumb Shane, dumb.  I wasn't wrecked.  I did slow down and take some photos for folks back home that don't get to run in NYC.  Anyway, I was trying to keep things mindful and purposeful.  There was one point during the second run where I was cruising and a younger runner came up pounding and then just stayed with me on my tangent.  He was huffing and puffing and pounding the ground, then I came to a slow up and stop as I hit both my time and mileage marks. He turned back and was like 'come on, you were keeping me going'.  :)

Anyway, busy and stressful work week.  I was able to spend time with colleagues and catch up and maintain good team vibes.  I was also able to check in with my family and get some runs in.  When I got home it was a whirlwind day for Dennis (VEX IQ Robotics) and prepping the house for us being gone all day and showings.  Living the life - not so dreamy right now.  Change and transition and adaptation is always a bit messy, but worth it in the end.  A few thoughts on change I like:

“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
~~Charles Darwin
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
~~Alan Cohen

"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."
~~Sir Francis Bacon

It isn't always pretty and sexy, but consistent, incremental and purposeful workouts will get me to my next set of endurance sports oriented accomplishments.   I'm not expecting anything miraculous on the endurance hobbies, but I do have things I'd like to achieve over time for me, my wife and our family.  Hopefully, those things will be realized and achieved over time and I will be present enough to adapt and alter and improve and enjoy the journey along the way.

Cheers!  Don't forget to listen to the C26 podcasts, the last 10 casts have been SOLID!  And on topic too!

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

Kind of  switching away from this.  but I Use Garmin Connect, Strava and Training Peaks.

Relevant Pics

many steps but a lot of disruptions with a wee bit of snow

some cool urban street art

outside the 181 stop on the 1 line in NYC

this mirror treated me well

Ode to my doppleganger - we're breaking up and going separate ways tho

captures in CP

some more captures in CP

181 stop on the 1 line in NYC metro land

a cool limerick on the trains this week

coming back to columbus circle fromt he harlem loop


critters


madatory i'm frozen but running smile :)


hockey back on the opposite side of the loop


lonely lights

bright lights in the big city!

more critters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]