Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

This Sebastien Kienle quote and image resonate with me

Checkin' IN!!!

You know, As I am working through some corporate writing responsibilities, I hit roadblocks.  How do I relay what is most important?  How do I story tell in a way that will resonate with the audience and attract the value required to initiate meaningful and purposeful change or adaptations?  How do I alter my own filters and reach or stretch for the client in a way that is best fit for them and not me? 

I liken these questions to the data that is collected in endurance sports.  The data by itself is cool.  but it has ABSOLUTELY no meaning if not gathered consistently and reviewed appropriately.  The issues today is there is too much information.  As the consumer to the copious amounts of information, we have to digest it, synthesize it, filter it and then take action or abstain from it.  There is so much "noise" and like a great Metallica song, when recorded wrong, all that filled noise just SUCKS!

So, a topic was brought up about discounts and endurance events or general single sports events like running or cycling or Obstacle Course Racing.  An RD by the name of Steve Delmonte (DelMo Sports) - he has no affiliation or connection to me other than he has been a guest on a podcast I listen to.  His recent comments to this question resonated with me.  He doesn't do discounts he does AWESOME.  And he concentrates on providing 110 percent of his efforts.  He prices his events moderately from the get go and then focuses on giving the experience and the best event possible.  I can appreciate that and then choose to like or not like his approach and his events.

Anyway, some abstract thoughts and mind wanderings.  Sometimes its in the themes we identify and define the action plan/s or adaptations required at any given time. It's do we allow limiters aka labels to belittle our thematic visions -- and absolutely - time is the great equalizer few humans learn how to capitalize and leverage. I'm beginning to think that 'control' is a major distraction when I compare it to this quote -
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
~~Charles Darwin
Survival is almost a pre-requisite to pursue satisfaction and more, if that makes sense. We can only hope that the past resolves itself if we abstain from willfully choosing to make a choice.  The difficult thing with being a prisoner of the moment or something you chose to ignore or avoid in the past, is it loops back eventually and resurfaces - sometimes this is easy to work through because of where we have gotten to, and sometimes it is just more painful than when it first presented.

So, to Sebastien Kienle's quote.  The measurement and its perception is quite important.  He's a bit of a super human in triathlon and multisport participation.  Myself, I am just me, a mere mortal.I don't have a team of experts other than those that know me best - family.  So, we invest together in my endurance sports activities.  What I do, impacts them directly or indirectly.  I have good/bad days.  I don't know if I have peaked and hit my BEST day, but I know I have a lot of solid and good days, sprinkled with some great days and plenty of quite the opposite.  

Anyway, like last night, I jumped on a spinner went right to 100 RPMS and maintained that for an hour.  my HR never went out of 112 bpm - 125 bpm.  I thinking I peaked at about 112 rpms.  I even had a 10 minute conversation with my wife who was next to me for a bit.  It was a solid and good ride.  It wasn't epic, or flashy or anything else.  It was just consistent and a ride.

The advantage that Sebastien Kienle has over me - he gets to focus on just that and see those rewards in his current craft, and for me it is a hobby and a lifestyle.  Folks like him inspire me.  Folks like Lionel Sanders, who in 2015 while waiting for the start at IM 70.3  St. George asked me if I was ready.  Ya, me.  How random.  I didn't even know who he was at the time, and that was the absolute beauty of the moment.  Only reason i knew he was a pro was his gf doting on him pre-race.






Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

Specific Workout links go here

Relevant Pics











No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]