Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Garden of Life - Sport 

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

(Look for rollover links if you are Strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - SWIM, SPIN, RUN
Tuesday
Activity 1 - SWIM
Wednesday
Activity 1 - SWIM
Thursday
Activity 1 - REST DAY
Friday
Activity 1 - SWIM
Saturday
Activity 1 - RUN

STATS

Monday morning weigh in XXX.X
Sunday Morning weigh in XXX.X
Saturday post activity weigh in XXX.X

Targeted Activity and Focus Points

SWIM

Higher volume and a bit of periodization.  About 1000 yards off clock with kick drills.  Ramping up kick drills and swimming about 200 yards a session with legs.  During my 70.3 I normally rely on arms, but for balance and more, starting to incorporate legs building up to this year.  I will need them at IMAZ 2018.

BIKE

Dreadful spinner.  100 - 110 at least.

RUN

shakeout and long run.  Experiment with nutrtion failed.

Nutrition

Garden of Life Sport product line.  No more Buffalo Wild Wings while training.

Weights and Strength

N/A

Weekly Reflections and Focus

This week's must read.  This article is great and thought it should be shared for my reference and any who may be trolling or following me.

This last week was good.  It was nice to be at home and to concentrate on work and family from home.  The first few weeks after vacation are always a bit disruptive and given I am ramping back into training and refocusing on nutrition.  I have becoming to understand that being Whole Foods Plant based is great for me.  I have come to understand that the quality and quantity of meat when I choose to partake or listen to my body is vital.

I got a long run in with some local friends - Scot and Pam this week.  I was good until a bout 4 miles in when my stomach took over.  normally i can turn it off and push through but I truly about lost my stuff out around the Wellsville Lagoons .  Thanks for the invite Scot.

The most curious thing has been my adaptation to being able to breathe bi-laterally while swimming.  It has changed what I do.  I am comfortable in the water and preserving energy.  I am able to just breathe and swim allowing me to focus on my technique and rhythm.  I am not a drill swimmer and I am sure I can do better, but for now, free style and breast stroke are my main go to's with paddle board kicking drills.  I still can't do wall kick turns as I get all disoriented (vertigo).

I have been using the Garden of Life Sport Line as linked above and for me I find it amazing.  The Protein and meal replacement is helping me immensely.  The focus and energy is surprisingly on point.  I haven't done the receovery much but have seen good things with my wife.

Anyway, a solid week.  enjoy life #familybalancetri from #zentriathlete.

Weekly Pics

Fun meme

Countdown is real.  Need to remind myself of the sign up deadlines

Tools of my swim - new roka's are a  dream

look serious shane

tamales didn't have a chance....

1991 - Fall - Senior portraits

Jan 2017 - not yet completely matured....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]