Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Activities - Strava Logs (not linked as URLS on purpose, please copy and paste if you are strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - Travel disruptions; no work out
Tuesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/495327303
Wednesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/496059675
Thursday
Activity 1 - Didn't post to Strava - Strength training 30 minutes
Friday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/497394856
Saturday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/498164870
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/498363112

Stats
Saturday morning pre-activity 194.4
Saturday post activity 194.1

Targeted Activity and Focus Points
SWIM
Was pressed for time, meaning when I go there the pool was going to close soon. So I decided to do speed drills. 2 50's and the rest 100's with a goal to stay under 2:00 mins for each 100 yard. I did it. High elbow catch and head down and breathing were my focus points.
BIKE
Nothing yet, looking good for next week finally
RUN
All over the place but really good mainly. just a bit over 18 miles for the week. I feel that my base is where it needs to be for now at 6 miles, I want to build it and I focused on 3 runs to maintain as close to a 160 bpm heart rate, and didn't suffer much on my time. I may be able to get to 8 min/ miles by HIM St. George.
Weights and Strength
Got after it hard in the Hampton Inn gym in Manhattan, I am positive the foreigners were like who is the crazy fat man. I felt the effects in the pool on Saturday.

Weekly Reflections and Focus
Overall it was a decent week, the weather disruption getting into NYC really screwed up my eating and sleeping for the week. I wasn't able to get to whole foods or westerly and I relied on falafel laffa's and was extremely bad one night and cheated by eating velvet cheesecake at Junior's.



The cheesecake was worth it while eating. Anyway. Overall the week was salvaged and good. It was a rough week for my wife at home and we flew Liz's Mom out to help a bit.

Just wanted to express gratitude for Liz Livingston mom for coming out in Liz's time of need. Unbeknownst to us, Pam Hubbs was already sick and struggling with that. She still came out b/c her daughter was needing extra support. I am glad I was able to fly her out on short notice and be able to handle the associated costs. Liz's mom had a rough week too and just being her was good enough for Liz. Pam had a kidney transplant due to her PKD and her husband has recently gone through throat cancer and thyroid extraction post cancer treatments.

Many may take things for granted, but I am grateful that we were able to bring her out if only to have a simple visit to Juniper and Dennis. While her she was fairly out of sorts and required a simple medical visit. Apparently, she is back in Philly and needed to re-enter the hospital today. hoping all is well and she finds the relief she seeks after a fun snowstorm through Sardine Canyon..... Anyway, grateful to her efforts this go-around and wish her the best....good luck to her and Jack.


I was quite happy with the results of my swim although I didn't think much of it. I truly concentrated on my elbows and kept them high in the catch phase and also kept my head down. I am trying to break my habit of double sided breathing (right side exale and then left side inhale), its taking time but i am getting more comfortable with it.

It was good to get home and back with Liz. I know she is having a bit of a rough patch with things especially where she tries to get out and be active and her feet are not cooperating with the new Mizuno's she got. I gave her some time after my Saturday run and before my swim to get out with a friend on some trail and she did well with minimal pain. So maybe it is the shoe after-all. Need to try and find a way for Dennis to be more involved with things too. I am thinking of setting up a T1 and T2 like experience in my garage for the week I am home. Maybe I can get him to engage in some of that and try to make it more fun with him.

This wasn't the best ore most focused week, however you have weeks like that where family life and work get in the way. Add in how much I travel for work and it gets even more interesting. I am putting in the time and it is significant and showing. I need to concentrate on 5 - 6 hours of training a week and hope to begin to pedal more this week and into the future. The travel is a bear and with the current client it is tenuous and difficult, but i am not letting go of my workouts and goals and that is making the assignment bearable. I am not happy for Liz though, and it may be time to strongly reconsider employment options or begin truly looking seriously at options in the St. George area here active lifestyles like ours are quite achievable and accessible. I would use Las Vegas as my primary airport that way. Some weeks are just hard, but i am duly grateful and lucky that I have a great wife. i tell her often and I know most of the time she believes me, but I truly do love and care for her. The side benefit of all this Half Ironman focus is not worrying about distractions. Liz and our kids are my life and focus. Love you and your quirky new hairstyles and dyes and stuff. I am blessed, and lucky, thank you!

Here are some photos from the week.
My legs are my running pistons
Central Park views in the dark
no need to suck it in anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]