Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Activities - Strava Logs (not linked as URLS on purpose, please copy and paste if you are strava stalking me :) ) ​

Monday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/505836031
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/505842046
Tuesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/506637437
Wednesday
Activity 1 - None - Just city walking - TIRED - Listened to body
Thursday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/508131514
Friday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/508729193
Saturday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/509092329​
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/509135985
Activity 3 - https://www.strava.com/activities/509519335
Stats
Sunday morning weigh - in - 191.6 lbs

Follow me on Strava

Targeted Activity and Focus Points

SWIM
Endurance. 150 yard warm up, then 2100 yards at event pace.~ 50 minutes overall. This was interesting as my activity on Saturday reflects. I am on target here, but lack of pool time is making me slightly concerned.

BIKE
This week's ride was interesting. The first 10 or so miles was x-wind centric with major FTP pushback. I tried to maintain a 15 mph and caught up after about 14-15 miles. 10 miles in aero - and that was interesting in the wind. Added two normal climbs. Need more elevation exchange, need to identify a good route to simulate St George Half Iron Man.

RUN
Logging miles and just increasing mileage. one of the things I have been noticing is trying to break into 2 structured miles with a 3rd mile of a hard negative split. As I increase my mileage I want to focus on falling in at 8:30 - 8:40 min's/mile over the 13.1 distance. I have been knocking out a few sub 8 minute miles all over in my runs, and I need to normalize my times.

Weights and Strength
Concentrating on event disciplines and with being able to ride again, didn't focus on strength but will next week while in hotels.

Weekly Reflections and Focus
I am realizing I have been run focused and overall that is fine. I think I need to make my Friday when I come home my long run focus and let saturday be my two sport focus with swim and bike. I need to start simulating my transitions. So what I think I will do is for my bike rides, do that and focus on incoming T1 from the swim, and then T@ to the run, but not actually run.

We focused on a lot of garden improvements and after my swim and bike ride, I noticed when I was tilling the garden that I was crashing a bit. This is nutrition oriented. this week on nutrition i ate salmon and schwarma. I need to focus on eliminating unnecessary meats and keep things on the Just Eat Real Food focus while travelling. I need to find an alternative for lara bars. There is a lot of sugar in those. I am not going to switch to fat adaptive prior to half ironman, but I am quite interested in it.

I have converted to following the following podcasts:
http://www.enduranceplanet.com/ -- the podcasts are great and I am beginning to like their format and content. A lot is focused on nutrition lately and metabolic efficiency. Really cool stuff.

I am still seeking to find a few more podcasts to take up time while flying and what not so I can geek out over triathlon, health and nutrition in flight instead of just taking in garbage from in flight entertainment offered by Delta.

Professionally, i will be at my current assignment through July which just makes training more interesting. I need to identify the schedule with the Jewish passover which may get me a few more focused weeks of training, but that gives me ample opportunities to concentrate and truly focus on meeting professional requirements as they pertain to my current assignments.

It is good to be home this weekend, but my son, Dennis and Juniper, my daughter are sick. My wife is a bit stretched without me to be home. It makes things challenging and our relationship is strong. Trying to get her back to healthy activity is a bit frustrating as she wants to do more faster and her body while providing for Juniper is protesting. I think she will get there soon, and hope to keep supporting her. Juniper is beginning to lover her jogger time (Bob jogger stroller) with her mom, too.

One of the things I am noticing in my running, is that I am actively focused on my activity. I am recognizing my breathing and feeling what my body is telling me. I am actively trying to monitor and respond to the feedback to keep my HR and breathing in the correct range to maintain good performance. I notice in my runs at Central park, that the .7 mile walk up and warm down for an almost 1.5 mile extra not in my strava logs is helping me improve. i am a cold start and stop person in running normally, and this is yet another thing my beloved wife will take credit for :P.

My swim on Saturday was quite awesome. I was not going to do that, but I just felt after this week I wanted to know where i was at. My typical training is telling me about 45 mins and the full distance came in at 50 mins. I think with the taper period, I will do really good in the swim. I just have to focus in going straight and sighting in the OWS in Sand Hollow resevoir and hope my wetsuit isn't too big this go around where last time it was almost too small. I weighed in well, but also know I can't deviate from nutrition.

I didn't take protein powders and need to focus my needs there. I used plant fusion this week and that was ok, but westerly didn't have any other alternatives, only Vega, and that is not good at all taste wise. i wish gnarly was available out here, as I did really well on that.

Here's to another good focused week. I plan for Mon, Tues and Thurs night runs. i would like to get to the temple in Manhatten on Wed. Time will tell. Will have a friday long run before twilight and then Sat morning swim with a 30-35 mile bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]