Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Laura tends to split Liz and I up and look at the faces - especially the little girls.  Juniper and Astrid - LOL


Checkin' IN!!!

I think this quote is highly transferable to triathlon and endurance sports activities:
"Don't identify as an artist, be the art."
~Kevin Smith -- From The Rich Roll podcast.
 Thought it was worth sharing.  Also of note - bib list released for 70.3 IM St. George on May 4, 2019.
courtesy of - http://www.daveblohm.com/bibs/

courtesy of - http://www.daveblohm.com/bibs/



So, with training and the like, certain things happen which make things a bit more real along the way.  for example:

  1. Sign up
  2. Train
  3. Over think and train and get lost in the meh of consistency
  4. Over think some more
  5. Athlete guide released
  6. Bib numbers released -  2371
  7. Peak phase
  8. Eat all the things phase
  9. Pack for trip
  10. Overthink some more
  11. Drive
  12. Check in
  13. Can't sleep
  14. Get on the bus
  15. Pre-event BM
  16. Then hurry up and wait for my turn to roll in and start
  17. SUFFER
  18. Then get glory photos
  19. Reflect and lessons learned
  20. Rinse, repeat, lifestyle

Anyway, I just thought i'd look as I need to read the athlete guide and also check in to make sure there are no surprises.  Well, the bib number was a surprise.  I had a solid swim again last night.  I am swimming a long 500 each time to keep things steady, flat and consistent.  Lat two nights my watch informed me to my steadiness.

SO, I don't have many expectations at this time, other than just stay consistent, try to go into peak phase with some good solid base.  Be smart in my training decisions.  GEt out on my bike where I can with this zany weather - we just got snow again overnight and expecting more wet weather through the weekend.

I am volunteering at a duathlon this weekend: Legacy Duathlon by On Hill Events
It will be an early morning, and Liz will send off her parents too.  It's been a good visit, although grandpa has been fighting an illness the whole time they have been here, and Meme with her challenges as a kidney recipient and her recent back surgeries to resolve lifelong scoliosis challenges.

So a simple and easy check in.  I will also note, the last 3 podcasts from Crushing Iron Podcast Page have been on point.  Specifically for new listeners too.  I recommend checking out




Oh, and we are doing accommodations different this year. Will be in a local Hampton Inn, with just us. We couldn't get it where my father could come. So, if anyone wants to host us at their home? We'd love the reach out. Anyway, a bit of a Hail Mary, but heck why not?

Happy training and happy work life balance folks! Cheers!

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go. Use the 'Links', then 'Track me' section to find and stalk me if that's your thing.

Relevant Pics

Juniper wanted trampoline time, in her slippers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]