Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

Man, last year was rough for me running, and life collided with so many welcomed but high stressed events that often required me to run far less than I prefer. As I am a bit more of a multi-sporter, running is typically a bit rough to break into and I post this as a reminder to self and to any others to be patient. I remind myself to start where my current fitness is, and to train for today, not 6 weeks from now - I mean don't worry it will get here, SOON enough - it ALWAYS does!

Also, Consistency trumps epic, and to just show up unless life priorities require me to play husband/father or general decent human first.

For whatever it's worth, this is a solid community and I generally tend to appreciate the diversity and generally sane wisdom shared here. Here's to a solid year folks. Now for the current state good news. I broke the 1:30 per 100 yd barrier for me while swimming the other day. My first swim in 2014 was more than 2 x's that.

So, as I re calibrate my runs, I'm following the run slow to run fast approach, and will add some speed work as I rebuild my specific base. I'm back for the love and flow of running, not concerned about anything else until the second weekend in May. So here's to running free.
(I posted this on FB in Run4Fun Group after initially penning here, but not posting yet).

So here it is, working through the "Livingston family Strep-ocalypse" event in our home.  Liz was tested and confirmed first and then Astrid yesterday.  Our friendly PA was like, no way she's too young.  Then she called us outliers.  She's the daughter of good running friends and she's a great person to have as a practicing medical professional.  She was the one the pointed out how we are connected to her parents about 14 months back and her candor, kindness, wisdom has been excellent.

Anyway, my current attempts at trying to establish healthy trends, patterns of consistency are going sideways.  But the good thing is I still have a solid 15 - 16  weeks until 70.3 IM St. George:-------------------------------------------->>>


I've at least been consistent in the pool and starting to get on my trainer (Bike) and starting to feel good there.  I need to get back to running also.

I am trying to write more as a way to keep myself more accountable but also a for me thing to get the creative juices going that are needed for work life as well.  I am trying to get that in from time to time to keep things cracking in my head.


I will say concerning my swims.  I reviewed some swim technique advises from Dave Scott (video to the right), Crushing Iron (Video to the right Shameless plug to Robbie and Mike!) and a few other sources - I have been working on better high elbows and early vertical pull as my hand enters the water and concentrating on breathing better too.  I have been swimming with purpose, slower, more methodical and with a mind to keep form together - not that I truly have any.  The results, I am getting more efficient which means getting faster and efforts are easier.  I am out 60 percent with the pull buoy and 40 percent without.  I have witnessed a significant increase in swimming better without the PB as I do now have some form.  It's a work in progress, but who know, come May, I just may have a swim that will surprise me :)  NO expectations really, just liking the simple progressions so far!



Anyway, not too much more to add at this time.  Just trying to keep Liz sane in her downtown as she is getting killed by the 'sickness'.  Grateful for modern medicine when applied with apt skill and understanding.

I have been doing this keto thing until I get more into the flow of training and will see if I just use it as a keto cycle type thing or try to continue towards full fat-adaptation or not.  I've been consistent but I am not seeing the big drops others see.  I am unsure as to why weight wise, but Liz and I are seeing the physical changes.  So time will tell the way I choose to go, ultimately I have to fuel to train and execute regardless of the style of nutrition I ultimately decide upon.

Here's a link to all things Crushing Iron.

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics









No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]