Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ventura Beach, New Years eve 2018/19

Checkin' IN!!!

Well, life has caught up with us.  We were able to celebrate Christmas at home our own way.  I have been in the middle of a swim block and was able to continue to do well.  IN fact last night, I was able to swim hard and fast - time crunch 100 yards all under 1 min 40 seconds per 100 yards.  I'm at a solid and consistent place.  I feel my high arms coming more normal, and my shoulder is getting sturdier with each swim.

We made a last minute trip for a funeral of my eldest cousin.  Well, the trip to the Los Angeles valley from Logan Utah was LOOOONG!  But, the kids enjoyed it once we were there.  The kids were able to meet and learn about cousins they never really knew existed and enjoy the day despite the funeral.

We were able to visit Liz's Aunt Camie, despite Christian being away training folks in SA.  Dennis was the one that benefited the most and capitalized on his time with Charlie.  He was able to spend the better part of three nights with them.

In summary, the trip was a good thing.  I think everyone needed it, even tho the drive was very long and nearly killed Liz and I.

Anyway, wanted to do a quick check in.  I also got a quick trainer ride in.  I'm 120 days out from 70.3 IM St George, and I just got the free TriDot stuff going for 60 days.  A mixed bag of work, life and being a husband/Dad just exploded today, and I hope I can get better at things I just fumbled.

As for resolutions, I am not a resolutionist, rather I try to maintain and create consistent patterns of excellence.  I re-calibrate as necessary, and i just got a swift kick in my phat jug-head to re-calibrate a bit.  SO, here's to positive trends.  Like I mentioned last nights swim was pretty good.  Here's a link to it in Connect (Garmin):

 

Here's to a good and solid and day by day approach in 2019.  Good luck!

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]