Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

trying to get back to consistency!!!

Checkin' IN!!!

Shoes - On - Cloudflow
I got some new shoes!!!  Anyway, not a lot of information, but I did finally pull the trigger on the On shoes.  I lost a shoe the other day at the gym, so I had to take an OLDER set of shoes.  Well I had a weird feeling in the one foot, and when I looked at things.  I found what felt like a tack.  I didn't have any broken skin or anything, but it was bothering me a lot.  Every few hundred or so yards, I was looking at my foot.  So, I went to the shoe store for the NYRR store at the Columbus Circle Time Warner mall.  I haven't been very impressed with the store, as I have walked through a few times.  A very well stocked and social store, and very focused on the clubs and teams and social oriented folks that frequent this store.  So far, though!  I like the shoes.  More to come.

Other things.  Back to some family centric things this weekend.  We were able to get the shed cleared out, and I decided to not go for a ride, but got a super solid swim in on Friday. 

The swim:  I was listening to the podcast I tend to listen to and concentrate on the most : 
#190 - Stop Giving Power To Negative Thought 

Mike was talking about his swim and his 'reach'.  And I got to thinking.  I tend to feel like I am reaching and not going anywhere.  So I shortened up my stroke a bit, relaxed my effort and kept my avg time per 100 way lower than I expected.  It felt good too.  The whole swim is about feeling it and it just happening.  It was an over all solid swim.  now to get back to a good volume and repetition and consistency.

The other thing of note is the following:
Bicyclist killed in car collision
Idaho bicyclist dies in Cache County collision

This guy is/was my age.  A sad day in our community.  I had about 4-5 folks reach out to check on me and I even recorded a quick Facebook Live.  Sad day.  So, ride safe and good luck out there.  I'm still inching out of my dark space.

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics














No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]