Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

FB post that sums me up right now:


I put my 'why' on a shelf à bit. No, à lot. What have I learned as I re-looked at my why. I almost didn't recognize it because it has grown, transformed and become more refined, simplified and focused. I recognize it isn't just in my pursuits of multi sport, but it has reshaped my time, my desire, my determination and who I am in my interpersonal relationships. To that end, I must both apologize and be grateful to my why and those who support me.

This human experience is interesting, I forgot that I want the transformation but that requires/demand/necessitates change. I forgot to ask 'what would the person I'd like to become, do the things I am about to do'.

How grateful. I am to have glimpsed no limits. I remember being in sand hollow, in the middle of a 42 min 1.2 mile swim. I rolled over, looked up and was overwhelmed with where I was. I was 'aroused', I was awake, I was alive. I turned over and just got back to the moment and task at hand.

Look out folks, my mind is on fire! I feel grateful to Liz Livingston - to my kids and all those known and unknown that support me in life, in health and in my fumbles and mistakes. I feel that in life that I can be alive and not numb, I have gotten a bit raw, so here I am, I am turning over and getting back to the task at hand. Hoping that I can be me, husband, father and friend. I hope I don't get overwhelmed and get 'lost' again. I'm curious to see what is still hiding in me, and when it will scare the life out of me and pull me across.

Ya. A glimpse. Enjoy the video, if you choose to listen/watch. I got lost, too, but I am ready to hold fast. So, let's do this!
So along those lines, I have taken a few simple runs.  I am keeping them simple and mainly HR driven.  Sure I run a fast first mile.  I know I suck, follow the plan, but the first mile is often not just a warm up its more like a cathartic explosion of stress from the corporate day.  So sue me.  C'mon california straw users!

Anyway, thought I'd share my simple and raw thoughts.  To anyone who reads this, you can and you should ask this question:

'what would the person I'd like to become, do the things I am about to do?'

So good luck.  What will you do with the time you have left?

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics

Pix go here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]