Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

It's interesting the power of a good work out, especially when it is a swim.  I am not the best swimmer at all and I have worked very hard.  I improved my first 70.3 Ironman St George event swim from 1 hour 13 minutes and some change (missed cutoff but still finished the event) to 52 minutes this last year.  There is not a special formula beyond do the time and be willing to learn where you can.  I slowed down last night, and just felt the water in my 100 yard sets.  I breathed, exhaling under water and pulling in air during my strokes.  It was good to 'le it go'.  Apparently, life has me in a heightened state of 'stress'.  It's been bugging Liz and I am grateful she cut out some space for me to go last night.

The dynamics of Astrid joining our family has been awesome.  The bronchial crap I have been dealing with for some 8+ weeks now sucks.  It's not anything I can go to the doc about, just a nag.  I have rested multiple times too and when I think it is gone, hello old friend.  It comes back.

I am grateful.  Grateful for the life I have and the things I have done and witnessed.  Grateful to have been patient enough to identify Liz as a grate partner in life.  I don't know that I ma the A level husband but I do think I get a strong B and B+.  Being a dad is great.  yesterday pre swim, I had the kids come out and just jump in the leaves.  We had a facebook live and I let it go about 9 minutes.  I was glad to see my son back to his boyhood non tween form.

I guess the theme of the swim was truly 'let it go'.  What I love most about the swim is that it is truly simple.  One must breathe, and concentrate simply on reducing all disruptive motions.  It sounds simple right?  :)  Anyway, I went slow and just clocked in and swam 100's and a 200 and a 300 in there too I think.  I just swam 2050 yards.  I felt like stopping at 900 yards, but didn't.  I procrastinated that decision and it was what I needed.  I need to get out of my head a bit.  It's not that I am unhappy or anything, just working through change and adapting to it.

Anyway, keeping this short.  Going to try and get in a run later today.  See if my lungs and the phlegm that I have been working through agrees and lets me just run.  Anyway.  Happy days and looking forward to Dennis turning 12 on the 25th.

Cheers!

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

Specific Workout links go here

Relevant Pics

Getting back on track with nutrition

Is that a dennis in the leaves

Trying to understand this pile



juniper isn't sure of what to do next

juniper still surveying the situation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]