Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]



Weekly Reflections and Focus

Overall, this week was pretty solid.  I had a few things come up in the middle which required me to pivot and adapt, but more or less a great week.  the highlight was a ride out on the Antelope island state park in Utah.  It is a major island with a causeway that costs a mere $3 to access using a bike.

The best part of the ride was that it was coordinated by a buddy of mine.  Ryan and I were missionary companions in the Missionary training Center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We were initially brought together on March 23, 1994 and we spent 6 weeks together preparing to go to Paris France.  We had connected a few times for lunch since being in France, and this was nice.  He brought his 13 year old son that just killed the approx. 40 mile ride.

The features of the ride include - a 6-7 mile causeway road that is pancake flat with perfect roads.  there is plenty of shoulder space to ride double-abreast safely, and the vehicles out there know how to drive.  it would be a perfect place to circle and get into aero and just work.  It is a great distance to measure a 15 minute FTP session.  The only problem, there always is one, is the insects.  If you are there early enough or know how to use a mask to your advantage, this becomes a very moot point.  Once on the island we took on about 1200 feet overall and the rollers and the descents and ascents were very manageable for the novice to elite riders.  We rolled out around the visitor's center and then out to the ranch.  I wanted to climb Frary, but there wasn't enough time for my standing family commitments.  Regardless, i forgot to stop/start my watch but overall the ride for me was just around 2 hours and a few minutes.



So, my swims were solid.  During one of the swims I had some tweens that were with their family and they kept floating over the lane ropes and were obstinate.  i ran into one of them, and despite wanting to be frustrated and blowing through them, I was calm and mindful, as there are no life guards managing the pool at that times.  that being said, if i blew through, I may have to be responsible trying to provide them assistance.  Other than that, I just cu through the water and concentrating on stroke, feel and pace.  Using the pull buoy and just getting in the time and the miles.

My run was strong this week.  i am starting to feel where i want to be and can keep working to improve.  I ran a 7 miler and just hit most of my goals.  I was able to break the top 10 on a few segments as I normally don't push in those areas and I decided too.  i know I can push it more, and that will come in the future.  The water levels are still high on that route and it will be interesting to see after my week in New York if the river will breach or not.

Anyway, I am sitting in in the SLC airport on Monday getting ready to fly from home out to Sleepy hollow New York.  I am disappointed that they close the touristy cemetery stuff a bit early on weekdays, but I will survive.  It looks like it will be rainy and I am in a taper as i will be running Drop13 on Saturday and pacing a friend down.  Should be good times.

Another solid week, with some measured improvements and lessons learned.  Always something to work on.  Always a way to improve and strengthen the 'WHY'.

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

(Look for rollover links if you are Strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - Recovery
Tuesday
Activity 1 - SWIM
Wednesday
Activity 1 - SWIM
Thursday
Activity 1 - Recovery
Friday
Activity 1 - RUN
Saturday
Activity 1 - Ride

STATS

Weekly high  196.4
Weekly low  194.08

Targeted Activity and Focus Points

SWIM

maintain current strengths

BIKE

Get a decent ride in this week

RUN

Push a good threshold two miles and then relax - 10 k or more.

Nutrition

back to the reservation - Valhalla

Weights and Strength

N/A

Weekly Pics


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]