Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)

(Look for rollover links if you are Strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - RUNS - Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3
Tuesday
Activity 1 - RUNS - Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4
Wednesday
Activity 1 - RUNS - Pt 1, Pt 2
Thursday
Activity 1 - RUNS - Pt 1
Friday
Activity 1 - RUNS - REST and Travel Day
Saturday
Activity 1 - Brick day - Pt 1, Pt 2

STATS

Monday morning weigh in XXX.X
Sunday Morning weigh in XXX.X
Saturday post activity weigh in XXX.X

Targeted Activity and Focus Points

SWIM

N/A

BIKE

N/A

RUN

I have been super focused on bio-mechanics, posture, form, frame and step per minute.  Increasing cadence and shortening my stride has been paying good dividends and is greatly protecting my joints.  Whodathunk!

Nutrition

I don't want to talk about it!

Weights and Strength

N/A

Weekly Reflections and Focus

It's gotten a bit away from me, but I am catching up while waiting on my mandated Air Traffic Control ground stop to San Francisco.  Well, I really like what happened this week.  One of the runs I was able to record a sub 7min/mile.  it has been a LONG time since I was able to do that.  I was also able to explore the land's end area of San Francisco.  the stairs on the seashore trails are absolutely brutal and a good mixup.  Evening runs are becoming a bit more pressured as where I have found to run is not overly lit and I need to remember to bring lighting gear with me.  As an example, today i forgot my hand flash light.

So, specifically, It has been interesting as I change focus to a more zen oriented approach.  I have been trying to balance life (family first, faith based affinities, health and fitness) and making sure that I meet my obligations and responsibilities as me and my family define.  Ignoring through discipline all of the extra noise has been an interesting journey.  I think of it similar to not listening to music at an an Ironman branded event.  So many folks ask, you do all that, and without music!  CRAZY FOOL!  Maybe a bit.

I have been listening to some podcasts of maturing and previous successful triathletes.  Many burned the candle at both ends, and EVERY single one of them speaks to burn out and the lost time required to recover from that.  So, taking a vicarious approach, I am trying to limit that happening to me.  So, to that end, listening to Ferris from his Day off,
Ferris Bueller: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Anyway, I think the biggest thing I am learning is that I have to concentrate on me from time to time, but not lose focus that there are bigger things than me.  My family - first my wife, who is having a birthday soon, she's just a whole bunch of stubborn AWESOME.  That and she's a great looking, but not vain or in your face about it.  Dennis and Juniper were quite awesome too.  They are growing up and -- too fast.  Everything else beyond them and my concentration of triathlon and health an fitness are all bonuses.

Anyway, I am starting to ramp up for the next push.  I have made the decision to have eye surgery in December.  All is now in line and all is now ready for funding.  Further, I am a bit nervous about it, but you know what, when I get to the other side in January, being able to be with out secondary lenses for assistance will be life changing.  I will be able to swim and see, further I will be able to ride with sunglasses and select the lenses that work with the conditions.  I will be able to run and just run.  I will not have foggy lenses, I will not have sweaty contact lenses trying to pop out of my eyes.  I am grateful to the technology and scientific advancements in this options.

Alright, flight is being available to board shortly.  It is time for me to ramp up the focus and diary and collect and demonstrate better content here.  I hope to get better beginning soon.  the holidays are coming.

In other news, a few more weeks of the noise called american elections.  It is a sad display of watching something like a playground of toddlers without any accountability for their actions.  I sure hope that those that are indifferent get spurred into taking some form of action.  Good luck out there folks.

I posted this the other day on FB:
Watching The Power of One with Dennis...which is more informative than the current charade of American preschool (errrrr debate) ....regardless of who is selected, we aren't much further down the road than what this book and movie is about. Our system is so broke, and it needs change. ..we need a reset. Even a waterfall starts with just one drop....I will choose neither mainline candidate.. may good people make great choices.....let's be better. Please , let's reset and choose to make America better..

Here's to a great week however you move.  All best!

Weekly Pics


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]