Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Activities - Strava Logs (not linked as URLS on purpose, please copy and paste if you are strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/523371571
Tuesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524003612
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524335849
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524335863
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524335874
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524335897
Wednesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/524878385
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/525106722
Activity 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/525106916
Thursday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/525655038
Friday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/526751737
Saturday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/527148206
Activity 2 -https://www.strava.com/activities/527703409

Stats
Monday morning pre-activity weigh in 193.2
Saturday weigh in 192
Sunday Morning weigh in 189.4
This was just after church

Targeted Activity and Focus Points
SWIM
Swims were good this week. Concentrating on high elbow catch and where my head should be. I am also getting to single sided breathing but will see what I do in the OWS this year. So far so good. I am on track and where I want to be. I am swimming much farther than I did at all last year in my build up to May 7. Once I loosen up and feel the stroke length and roll of my hips and just disappear in the rhythm. I am not going to break any records in my swim so far, but I am so much more comfortable than i was last year. I am no sub 50 mins in the pool for the HIM 1.2 mile distance consistently. I wish I could find more pool time in NYC, but that isn't going to happen. These last few weeks will mainly be Saturday morning swims.
BIKE
Sneaking in rides where I can and getting into aero as much as possible. So, being at about 192 lbs is a lot different than being at 217 lbs like last year. My belly in aero is not an obstruction. If the mid winter/spring winds would let me spend more time in aero I would. I know that my core needs to feel the position more. I am feeling comfortable at about 18 mph. I also learned that if I drop my gear and up cadence, push through the wind is a lot easier. I need to remember this during the event. I need to ride over Sardine in the upcoming weeks to get ready for the hills that are coming my way on May 7.
RUN
My runs this week were mellow and focused. Paying heavy attention to my core, my shoulder posture and proper head posture. Overall a lighter run week, but still really focused and active thinking throughout. The elevation exchanges between Logan, Utah and Central park New York City are still working me pretty hard, but I had some great times this week too. And, my knees are keeping pace with me as I keep up on my bio mechanics exercises.
Weights and Strength
N/A

Weekly Reflections and Focus
We had two group runs this week. Each was well attended by our running groups and participation was good.

The first run was Smithfield Canyon, Utah. 6:00 PM Meetup.
We all had determined to go easy on this but I think almost everyone either PR'd or just ran swift and quick. Downhills will do that. I had a few texts come in during the run that I attended too, but otherwise this was a normal swift run. I was a bit off of my PR pace, however this was while pushing my little co-pilot Juniper. FAST, FAST, FAST!
The Smithfield Run Group - NERC's
The next run was the Dean Baxter Monument Run with our NERC group! 6:00 PM Meetup.
Chuck and Babbette made this a great fun run, first with family visiting and playing Easter Bunny for us and and the group. Sugaring us up with Easter treats. Chuck and Babbette are growing to be some of my favorite folks in the running group. They are a bit more mature but man, they are in shape and they know how to make anyone feel welcome and cared for, a quality set of attributes that is waning in our world and sports we participate in. The group had a good time. My first pass was with Juniper and was a bit slow, the terrain was the most varied we have used with our Bob stroller/jogger. However, Juniper lit up the run for many of our participants and she did great. It was quite windy on the return so Liz attended to Juniper and I went out for a second pass. It was about a 2.2 mile out and back, and the hills were great. I was met with winds and snow flurries on the return, but the views of Cache Valley were amazing. Overall a bit slow, but a lot of varied terrain and good times.
I was able to get a bike ride in this week, and a good friend from my church congregation that I have been talking with finally got out to join me. It was a good and mile centric ride for me, and i think the ride pushed him a lot. I think he did awesome. I stopped to collect his sunglasses, and he didn't even notice they were gone. It was a bit slower, but it took me back to about 2 years earlier when i first got back at it and how 20 miles felt forever at about mile 6. I gave him some of my salt stick electrolytes and I think that helped carry his legs through. I hope he didn't think he was holding me back, as I quite enjoyed riding in support of him. his goal is to participate in the Cache valley Gran Fondo that is coming up in July Cache Valley Gran Fondo 2016.. I imagine that he will be set for the 50 and if he puts in the effort he may actually make it to doing the century. I'm excited for him. Like i said it was a good solid ride, and it was good to have someone to talk to every so often without feeling like we were competing or racing for PR's everywhere. Overall, I was happy with this week's activities, I logged over 7 hours of solid training this week. My Saturday swim with lack of sleep was focused and I did it in solid time. i don't know that I will be able to cut any more time out of it until May 7, but for now I am relying on my base and training up to now to carry me through weekly swims and be ready for a good swim this year.



Dean Baxter monument chillin! - Literally
Liz'a run-by attempt
Dean Baxter monument Run - Family 1
Dean Baxter monument Run - Family 2
Dean Baxter monument Run - Shane and Juniper in marshmellow suit
Dean Baxter monument Run - Liz, Shane and Juniper in Marshmellow - Dennis recovering at home
Dean Baxter monument Run - Liz and Juniper - Cuddles and nursing, this is how we do!
Dean Baxter monument Run - Aye! There be NERC's below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]