Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Black%2Band%2BWhite%2BGrungy%2BBeauty%2BSkincare%2BFacebook%2BCover
Last week with mashup from last June/July 2015
Activities - Strava Logs (not linked as URLS on purpose, please copy and paste if you are strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/483955375
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/483955519
Tuesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/484676113
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/484681648
Wednesday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/485414662
Thursday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/486367657
Friday
RESTED and Travel
Saturday
Activity 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/487282323


Stats
Saturday morning pre-activity 195.5
Sunday weigh in morning 193.8

Targeted Activity and Focus Points
SWIM
Didn't swim this week - rested
BIKE
Didn't spin or ride this week
RUN
Base extension and high mileage. I ran ~27 miles last week. Most of them in New York. I ran around the Central park loop and 6 + miles 3 days. I will be looking to do similar this upcoming week
Weights and Strength
No time for weights, next week.

Weekly Reflections and Focus
This week was heavy on the run mileage. I had a few good structured runs, and then also logging miles. On Saturday we were able to hit the Salt Lake Endurance Sports Show . Liz was having a short circuit moment or 4, so after finally getting her and Dennis and Juniper ready, we shuttled down on Friday night to huddle up in the Hometown Suites as I am a Hilton honors Diamond member, points and free nights are always a bonus. I took my boy, Dennis, to the Habit in Sugarhouse. That was nutritionally a mistake, but we had a great father/son dinner where we got to eat and talk and be boys for a bit. Parking was less than ideal and I fielded his questions and he wondered if we might get a ticket. He is our growing 'warden'. Dinner tasted good too but, ya. Saturday morning, we all participated in the 5k event for the Endurance Sports show. Liz and Dennis were a bit chilly and I was quite ok. Liz was able to nurse Juniper, our 7 month old, just prior to the event. The bummer thing was the cold sapped the air out of the 'bob's' tires, and I ran the event with deflated wheels. After a bit, Juniper was able to fall asleep quickly on course and I was able to keep ahead of Liz and Dennis although i held back as we left while Liz was int he restroom. Once we all met up, then I caught Dennis at the turn around. He stayed with Liz and then Juniper and I tried to get one decent mile in.

Shout out to one of the organizer's that was kind in fielding my questions about stroller use and a few simple logistics about the mobile application. Thanks for the information Adrian and thank you for saying hi to me and my family. I am trying to get better at the networking with other athletes at events, I do well in professional settings but not always at these events. Overall the event was well coordinated although most of the snacks and recovery stuff was dairy or other stuff I am trying to avoid except water. It happens, but I don't recall seeing gatorade and that is an improvement.

The exposition was fun. Right as I walked in, I was surprised by Facebook VIP I love Road cycling buddy Paul Nelson and David Schiff. Paul seems like a cool dude, and we have been FB stalking over the last year. David last year accumulated 10k road miles and the pair were great guys. I need to remember to get involved with raising money for team red - Utah for Tour de cure Tour de Cure Sites - Utah. We wandered all over the show and came across some cool stuff. I was able to get my compositions done - Fully clothed I came in at 199 lbs, 21.7% Body fat, 43 lbs of fat mass. 156 of FFM (Lean Mass) and 1943 for Basal Metabolic Rate. This is good baseline information, and then on Sunday morning my weight came in at 193.8. Liz took some photos - see below.

To a certain degree the booths are kind of cool but also underwhelming. I made purchases of Gnarly Meal Replacement powder, A Utah's Ghost Ride Jersey and pair of socks. Liz also grabbed a bcaa supplement drink and some leggings and a shirt. We did pretty well of the freebies or quasi schwas too. Int he end, it was cool to see and hear Dennis expressing more interest in wanting to do tries. This is something that we can continue to encourage. TriUtah has an interesting SharkAttack option for him. Need to look at things. In the end it was a good weekend of chasing endurance sports and identifying potential applications and supplements/nutrition options. This is all something I am trying to dial in over the next 8-9 weeks as I ready up for the St George Half Ironman in May. I have begun focused training and need to find time on an upright spin or TDF oriented bike. Liz will be my pseudo coach and start getting after me. All in all a great week, except for the scare from the Habit where I saw a weight spike and retention as on Sat/Sunday I went to the bathroom a total of 5 times and dropping from ~196 lbs once we got home without clothes to weighing in on Sunday at 193.8.

Transformation photos
Front

Side

back

Sunday morning weigh in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]