Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Post Saturday Run

Activities - Strava Logs (not linked as URLS on purpose, please copy and paste if you are strava stalking me :) )

Monday
Activity 1 -
About 5 miles walking, and 30 minutes weights, unrecorded on starve, I know it's questionable.
Tuesday
Activity 1 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/474212566
Activity 2 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/474213360
Wednesday
Activity 1 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/474924811
Activity 2 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/474925451
Thursday
Activity 1 - Rest day
Friday
Activity 1 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/476112956
Saturday
Activity 1 -
Multiple swims capture - trying to combine to one
Activity 2 -
https://www.strava.com/activities/476698882

Stats
Saturday morning pre-activity 196.6
Saturday post activity 195.8

Targeted Activity and Focus Points
SWIM
My lane neighbors were in a french of 2-3 sharing the lane while I surfed the middle stripe. My watch and I were not cooperating. I decided with the turbulence to focus on 100 speed works. 1400 and I sprinted a 25 yards just to see and it was 23 seconds, no too shabby for a middled aged man in zoos lycras. Overall, I was swimming well, but not at the same time. I tried to focus on my core and maintaining symmetry. I created a fail drill moment so I dropped into tread so that I had to restart after a moment or two. I wanted to disrupt my stroke.
BIKE
There was only a recumbent at the hotel and that tears me up. Setting up trainer this week at school.
RUN
Overall, really coming together. I hit he treadmill and then two runs at home. My Saturday run was my fastest run in some time and for the 5K I also FINALLY got a negative split. Consistent in time as well for the 3 miles. Not much to say, rather it was just a solid week.
Weights and Strength
Getting into a groove. The gym at the hotel was ok and I added a different set of exercises to change things up and man I was worked over. It was really good and I feel the difference in my runs and swims. I hope I can start to ramp in some lunges but am leery trying to protect my knees. I am still doing biomechanics on my knew at least one time a week and up to 3 times a week depending on how my knee is doing.

Weekly Reflections and Focus
So overall this week was fairly solid. I need to find a better way to get in the weights and the running miles as the dread mill is just a recipe to get hurt. I was able to get a lot of cursory walking in throughout the week while in New York and with weights I am feeling posture and breathing improvements. My stride and form are definitely trying to redefine itself as my body frame is changing. I am excited to ride in aero this upcoming season as my belly is no longer an obstruction. Swimming is a bit of a challenge as there are no readily available pools I have been ablate identify with my required travel. Nutrition is easy for lunches with the little Jewish place near Yshiva University, a swanky little local joint named Golan heights. I can't seem to get enough of the falafel and the laffa size is a great size for quality calories and to hold me through the evening if need be.

It's getting more difficult traveling with the growing family. My wife deserves a lot, and I don't often know how to express or demonstrate better how much I care and feel for her. She has to deal with my absence due to my line of work. Traveling most mondays and fridays and being away during that time is wonderful for her bonding with little Juniper, but not much else. Dennis is having moments. We love him dearly, but recognize that his world has been completely changed with the arrival of Juniper. I got to begin the project of his Pinewood Derby car on Saturday and on Monday need to paint it. We purchased a hand jigsaw and needless to say I still have 10 fingers and 10 toes, but it was an interesting undertaking. I guess what I am feeling is the following that I posted to Facebook:

Glad I got to travel home in front of the storm... Glad to have an inch or two to shovel. Glad to have run and to have a 1600 yard swim yesterday and run on Friday.... Glad to be home with Liz and Dennis and juniper for this work eek from home.... Glad to have started my 12 week regimen towards ‪#‎roadtoIM703StG‬.... Glad the scale said 196.0 this morning.... Thats 46 lbs down from August 2013....Glad my mile pace is under an 8:40 mile. Glad my mile swim is approx 40 mins in the pool.... Overall on course. Grateful my ankle tweak in the Bronx week before this last one didn't ruin things.... Grateful for a rest day today... Worship services are completed.... Time to focus on family time.... Pretty lucky guy am I....

And on that note, have a great week in your own endeavors. Stay positive, stay true, and identify your focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]