Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!


July 16 is nearly upon us!!!


Post and thoughts for July 02 below

Somehow, with dedication, precision and lots of hard work. I convinced the younger version of this beauty (my wife Liz) to come on an adventure with me. Luck wasn't part of this equation, it was one of the biggest decisions ever made that had a magnitude much larger than I ever imagined. To that end, nearly 15 years of marriage and 17 years of knowing each other, I'm glad I didn't fumble. Grateful, humbled, and in awe - doesn't even scratch the surface of what I feel for this great human and her heart and compassion have a depth that few get to understand. Thanks Liz for tolerating my humanness, weakness and growth.

Here we go for many more years, is my hope. Funny how center stage and a few stars changed our realities.  I'm à bit older and she is aging better. We do well, not perfect. It's a fight and it's a lot of work. It takes a lot of ebb and flow. We still love advice and wisdom from others. Sometimes we offer our opinions or wisdom and it's ignored and that does suck, lessons learned. But we had a great few days around family and friends.

We enjoyed time with family at my step-mother's family reunion.  The family really enjoyed having our 13 y/o boy with them.  What I was excited about was the opportunity for an open water swim in cold water.  What I forgot about Bear Lake was how shallow and flat it was.  I was mostly prepared for the cold water - 59 ish degrees, but wading out to my waist was nearly 500 yards of walking.  If I tried to swim I'd be crawling my hands along the sand.

I swam out to the buoy and then did two buoys away.  Held a good solid line, not over straining to make sure I could feel my way through the cold swim.  Coming back was a bear, as the sunline was directly into the buoy I was trying to swim too.  In the end, it was a fun swim!

So for me and us as a family, this period gets a bit hectic.  I turned 45 on 25 June, Juniper has her 4th birthday on July 3rd, Liz and I have our 15th wedding anniversary on July 16, sprinkle in Father's Day and 4th of July.  "It's getting kinda hectic"


Anyway.  It's time to re-center and begin focusing on the things I have let get loose.  This means nutrition and activities.  Liz and Dennis will be running in the Freedom Run on the 4th of July - 15k from the hydro plant in Black Smith Fork Canyon down to the park in Hyrum's city center.  We're going to see how they both do, should be a fun long day for them.

Juniper turns 4!  Here's some recent photos of the little angel.  Part of triathlon is life.  and along that path is little Juniper.  She is our IVF success story and she joined us in 2015 on July 3rd.  She absolutely loves life and finds joy in simple things all the way to the most complex:

  • Say What?
  • Are you serious?
  • Hey little sister, sister is here
  • Dennis, I love you
  • Oh Dennis, come here


























Happy BDAY our little growing 4 year old!

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go. Use the 'Links', then 'Track me' section to find and stalk me if that's your thing.

Relevant Pics

Pix go here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]