Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Juniper just had to be on my bike.

Checkin' IN!!!

FB post in the Crushing Iron Facebook Closed Group Community that bears sharing here:

"Man, coming out of a long major life-controlled break from triathlon, and my recent swims have been solid. So much so, it makes this scatter-brained self-coached athlete, believe that I can still do hard things.

Yes, I can still do hard things - family, life, work, and more.

Yes, I am human, I am strong/confident, but imperfect, layered with my own set of insecurities that I battle with openly and alone on an island.

Yes, this community has helped 'ground' some of my expectations and refined the shaping that endurance sports participation grants me through my involvements! And, I hope it continues for a long time to come!

Yes, as of now, I will be back at 70.3 IM St George in 2019 and my wife is starting to ask me when I will be ready for the FULL IM - 2019/2020.

Yes, I often question where I am at, in my physical fitness and in my current mindset (headspace).

Yes, I want to get coaching - but have to play grown up too!

Yes, I enjoy the Crushing Iron podcasts, and no I don't agree with everything, but the perspectives have led to an overarching set of improvements that I am grateful for beyond measure.

I think my gear has been in the closet far too long, but it has definitely served a purpose and provided healthy space for me and my family - to which we have all determined daddy is a cranky person without endurance sports. I do have a great set of sherpas, um I meant family!

Thanks to the awesome Crushing Iron community and to the two fearless podcast collaborators! Thank you indeed!

Yes, I am done, thanks for the scroll and read."

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]