Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

So, yesterday June 25 2018 - I turned 44.  Here are some FB thoughts I penned for the day:

So, I spent yesterday as a needed complete day off from work. I was able to finish our bedroom floor - already posted pictures. I enjoyed raclette before the wasp incursion, a good cake from Dennis and many other simple and kind moments from my immediate family.
The funderful thing about social media - I get to have many friends - from high school to present - albeit at times brief, a moment or more for me and wish me a pleasant birthday. My hope is that in those moments of reflection, there are more pleasant experiences than negative. I understand that I may not have always been a stellar friend along the way, but I am privileged to know some quite outstanding folks. Many of you will never know the magnitude of your example or effects of actions taken in my behalf or the others that have shaped my life through the years. The world is in chaos and a mess all the time, and amid the noise, I get to witness, participate and be involved with many people that RISE ABOVE in their own way and demonstrate ways I can improve. In this life journey, I hope I can continue to improve and move beyond the things that either limit me or mistakes that disrupt me.

All best folks, and thank you for your thoughts and clicks in the virtual social media spaces of life :) I am truly grateful!

So here I sit, A year older and a day wiser - supposedly.  Life is pretty good.  While in NYC this last week, our neighbors and community came over and helped Liz with our yard.  We were thinking it would just be to help her plant some things in our new yard.  We are overwhelmed in/with gratitude.  A few folks came over - they took over - and the after effects are a complete reboot of our yard in some spaces where we thought it would take the whole summer and into next year to get around to and in front of.

The hill cleared!  Was not this way when I left
 Liz called me on video chat to show me, and a local friend Gustavo grabbed the phone and I got to see what was happening.  Frankly I was shocked and speechless.  Many may not understand the various challenges that Liz and I face.  We are generally stoic and self-sufficient.  My travel changed abruptly with my assignments and many of our plans have been overly disrupted this year since we chose to move.  We knew it was a good choice and felt confident in following our promptings to move.  However, during things, one often questions the 'why' before having the clarity of time.

My personal thought of the day. Be relentless in gratitude for the journey has brought you here today. Embrace it! Feel the fear and do it anyway. In gratitude fortitude is forged, in consistency trust is revealed. Patience is my ally, not my foe. So be relentless in my gratitude. Relentless! And rise above! I can still do hard things!
As for the endurance sports activities.  I had a solid week this week.  Iwas able to get three solid tours in and around Central Park.  One was nice b/c I had an old school mate from Utah State University days come out and join me.  it was good to run an internal section I haven't run before and to catch up with Noah.  We were able to check in and get a pulse of how things are for one another and the status of career, family, life and road to joy and happiness.   To know others face similar blessings/challenges in their relationships and families is a comforting thing.

We maintained a strong conversational pace and took our time.  I have been trying to consciously slow down and redevelop my base.  I am beginning to ignore my watch and just capture the data to review and identify purpose for my next activity.

Per Dennis request, I also returned to Ground Zero and then walked out to Battery Park.  There I was able to take in the smells of the great Hudson River and Lady Liberty.  Dennis has wanted me to visit the Statue of Liberty.  He was so excited as a 7 year old to see it's smaller version in France on the way out to the gardens of  Versailles.  It was good to pause and reflect.  There is so much noise and chaos int he world today that tends to deflect and consume many in its throws.  My hope is that where I can and how I feel prompted, I can consistently improve day by day and try to help others do similar.

I have an upcoming Sprint Triathlon  I will sign  up for today.  Last year was a better year, so no real expectations, I just want to go out and have fun.  I was first in my age group and 15/150 folks last year.  Let's just hope I don't drown and melt on the run this year.  It's a fun event and back to the original route as they have repaired the old mendon road.  Anyway.

So, I guess there isn't too much depth to this post, but next on our radar is Juniper's Birthday on July 3 and then Liz and my anniversary.  Which due to work, I have to travel on that day to Florida - couldn't get out of it.  Sometimes, work in a pita.  Luckily, Liz and I have been able to return to Farmville and also be in France for a few of our anniversaries.  I will be in Orlando and it just isn't in the budget to bring her, or the kids.  So here's a link to some thoughts I penned last year - Click here for post!

Hope y'all are having a great summer this far and that many opportunities for joy and happiness come your way.

I did want to say, I came across a post in Instagram, one that reminds me that we never know the Rocky roads and turmoil this life journey brings. Hoping this young mother that lost a child in birth finds her solace and footing. I can't even begin to imagine. I have been very blessed. Grateful and full heart for sure...

Activities - 

I use the following trackers:
  • Garmin Connect (which pushes the files to the following services):
    • Training Peaks
    • Strava
    • and the ones I don't remember (Map my stuff via Under Armour and things like the Great Bicycle ride initiative stuff)
Honestly, I mainly use Training Peaks as I pay for an annual subscription on it now, and it is the most detailed in data and other helpful information to keep me where I want to go.

Relevant Pics

Birthday shenanigans

no pic dad! no.  I want cake!

miss Juniper

miss Astrid

Ground Zero 

Freedom Tower - I think

Statue of Liberty

Jewish Holocaust museum

Church around 186th and St Nichols.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]