Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!



At my first 70.3, in st george, after winning it, Don came to the final aid station and cheered us age-groupers on. this video helps strengthen for me what a class act he is. what a story!

Of note, technically I DNF'd that day (missed swim cut off by 3 minutes). My finish time was not great. However, he stayed out to see the last athlete on course finish (there were a few more behind me, i think), he slapped my butt cheek and said "you better finish and then come back and do this right." I had no clue who this was at the time. I was asked by someone if he was still out there and did I see him, i was just like, I dunno but some dude was cheering us few folks in and the part about giving me the butt slap and the words of sage advice.

don-wurtele-on-top-in-st-george

Looking back, after watching this video. This is why I participate in one of the more brutal disciplines of endurance sports. It's not for me. It's for those that look up to me. My wife, my son, my family and my friends. Needless to say, I feel a little derailed as I am not doing St. George this year, but, examples like Mr Don, Mr Saunders and the tweet from Jan Frodeno to Lionel Saunders the other day after Oceanside. It's inspiring and I want to get back to things.

Thanks for the example Tim!

Relevant Pics


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]