Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' IN!!!

A post I offered in the Crushing Iron Closed Facebook Group.  -- If interested, search for it, and generally they let you in.  It's a great vibe and tribe, so please be aware of that  -- come join the positive and purpose focused group, or walk on by.  Either way, it's all good.



ok, I need to ramble. We are in the process of selling/buying a house. And with that I get to play grown up and deal with being adult - mixed with corporate responsibilities and travel. -- so I am way off plan. i am about 90 days out from my A event this year -- 70.3 -- I have changed and discarded my 50 mile ultra run and 100 mile ultra run stretch goals. I normally love change and adaptation and yelling "on your left" as it were when life throws curve balls.

That's not the purpose of my post - I had a younger guy on a plane see my hat (IM 70.3 finisher) and started asking me about triathlon. It was a great and fast plane ride. Also, this week, many of my colleagues grilled me about multi sport and endurance sports (group of 11 folks on an IT assessment for a client). My colleagues weren't negative in their questions they were genuine and authentic - and of course I AM NOW OFF PLAN and not where I want to be, but I think that also made me a bit more accessible to them from their point of view. One even asked, Shane, do you think I could survive a simple triathlon like a Sprint?

What I really am feeling -- Life is great, its even better with endurance hobbies/sports/activities. How grateful I am to have friends and colleagues see and reach out -- when a few could since I am a bit out of sorts. I have tried so hard in the last 2 years to dial back my outward and extroverted love of endurance activities and not be a douche-canoe about it an in their faces -- not that I was but, I was that "excited triathlon is EVERYTHING and should be for you too guy".

So, looking back, I hope I have matured and along the way. I found this tribe - C26 -- Mike Tarrolly actually pointed it out to me around podcast 10-15. For me, it has been a pleasant source and strong reminder that my island isn't that small. For that, I am grateful. In times of disruption, a few folks have responded to some of my questions and comments and I have been grateful, and even a 'check yourself' reminder here and there. While many are strangers in the bigger scheme of things, I'm grateful this tribe/movement has stayed on target and not lost sight of their strengths.

Yup, if you find Crushing Iron, you are in a great place to participate, lurk, mature, learn, and progress. Good luck Folks! and Thanks to Robbie Bruce and Mike Tarrolly for stepping off their cliff and chasing their passion -- your courage and moxy is highly and appreciated from this random hobbyist. -- I'll stop before I get something in my eyes. Cheers!

So, Soon i will get to work, once we get pass this move and home purchase.  This transaction has us a bit disrupted, especially in the sense, we are outgrowing our current house, but we are very blessed to be in the position to choose to make this change instead of our usual being compelled to change and move due to life circumstances.  It's eerily nice to be able to steer the ship a bit :)

Good luck out there folks.  Good luck in what you pursue in life.  Reach out and drop a comment.  Relationships, friendships, families, stories, it's what has become most important in life.  Cheers!

Relevant Pics




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]