Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Running the Crimson Trail in the rain just after the snowfall was MOSTLY melted....

Checkin' IN!!!

Stepping off a cliff!

Sharing here. I'm looking at next year, and well, I am dipping into crazy a bit, but seeing that I do not think a full 140.6 Ironman will be in my cards with family dynamics, I am putting out a "dream big" type milestone in my to-dos. Next year, Bear 100. That's right! Click here!

It also means among the IM 70.3 St Geroge and Zions Trail - RAGNAR, I have to find a 50 miler qualifier and ramp up from May until Sept/Oct to do this (Antelope island is looking promising).

So, to that end. Are there any folks that want to be crazy enough to support me in that journey? Just putting it out there. I will be doing a solo Marathon by Christmas to assure that I can handle the build up - undecided if that will be road or trail, or maybe both. but, yeah - here I am; naked to the world in my crazy. Enjoy!!! And thanks in advance!!!! and yes, I have stepped off the cliff, but it is time!

So a bit more than my Facebook post can be shared here.
I'm not backing away from a Full Ironman.  But given the cost, family dynamics, and more, it is looking to be a stretch.  We have Baby #3 arriving anytime and with our current 2-year-old and 11-year-old, the family dynamic is just crazy.  So to that end, this event is in our backyard.  So, it makes sense.

Now the difficult parts will be the build-ups.  All the while I will make sure to get in our family trips for the 70.3 IM St. George and also the Zion's Trail Ragnar events.   An added dynamic is Liz coming back into her own, too.  So, here we go.  I don't know that this is too big or even beyond reasonable.  I am in the position health and fit wise to begin this stretch.  I have to plan this out and think through different things.  I think watching a friend or two completing the Wasatch 100 just pushed me over the edge and its either this or Lotoja, and I am not in the position to stretch for a new road bike.  

For those beyond me that may care.  This is how I did my first long distance bike event.  I bite off a big picture cliff and go after it.  I think it is reasonable and I can manage a lot of the build up.  I know these hills and the routes and can also break off many of them into manageable incremental and long based training.  So, yup.  Here we go.  Crazy Crazy!

Relevant Pics








No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]