Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Checkin' In!

So, I just committed to pacing the 2 hour 15 slot for the TOU 2017 13.1 event. 

I get to hold a sign on a stick. I run a consistent pace helping folks that want to run at 2 hour 15 mins overall. I will maintain approx a 10 min pace for 13.1 MILES. This allows for time for folks to walk aid stations and a bit of a struggle on the last hill

This race has pacers from about 1 hour 30 mins up to a 3-hour sweeper in 5-minute increments.... We encourage and help folks through the run and many folks will stay on our hip until the last half mile... For some reason many runners. Marry them to a pace. I've come to enjoy the journey and the joy of playing triathlon. I don't have to pay to run this event and get to watch others achieve their goals and dreams. To me that is priceless. I mean, in 2013 sitting at 250 lbs who would have thought I would look back with 3 half Ironmans (70.3 St George), multiple events and pushing to a full 140.6 Ironman. I was lost and now am not. If I can witness that through another's journey, that is a gift... Ya, that's what I have become.

Looking back, I still remember going out for a run with Liz.  I had to walk a good portion of it and I completed it at approx a 15:43 min mile pace.  It was a rough go.  Well now I complete that route in a 8:00 min mile pace without over exerting and really pushing I can hold a 7:16 min mile.  So, it's all relative.

You have to start where you are at, not where you want to be.  You have to learn to enjoy the journey and surrender to allow yourself to not limit or constrain yourself.  The body is a marvelous thing and when you get your mind and body aligned, magnificent things can happen.  Being fit and healthy is an option.  It is a choice.  It is a lifestyle and a mindset.  As I state a lot, grateful that Liz was patient enough to see me wake up and even more patient to let me play and support me as I support her.  Our new normal will be fun.  Anyway, see whomever is running Saturday.  Come share a smile, and some laughs and a lot of focused steps.  Hollow road will still be Hollow road, and Maverick will be there to remind us of the upcoming hill.  

Not the same person I was the last time I ran this event.

Activities - Strava Logs (Shane's Strava link)


Weekly Pics





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]