Full width home advertisement

Motivationals

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Well I am writing while I sit in the DTW airport, Detroit Michigan.  I am amused, and my tolerance level is low.  I am watching travelers get upset at reasonable things.

Example:  Departure to Cancun 10:30 AM EST
at approx 9:00 AM, the airline announces a gate change.  A lot of grumbling from the 50 or so travelers in the area, including coarse language.  I mentioned something to the father of the group with the foul mouth, and said something to the affect, "I'm sorry you have a gate change 90 minutes prior to your departure, but I'd appreciate you not using the four-letter words as you so eloquently burst out with"  It was received with a blank stare of dis-belief that later turned into a nervous scowl.  The wife walked away in giggles with a look of 'Finally someone spoke up'.

Example:  Flight gate change to replace Cancun flight due to mechanical problems....
From what I am hearing, the plane began boarding and then crew realized on a maintenance check that the plane wouldn't pass and corrections made within a reasonable time frame.  The airline shifted them to this gate and now people are whining that they couldn't just walk straight on the flight....Announced that all connections are in tact and that the gate departure is about 30 min late....What does this mean to the lay traveler that is flying west.....you have a great chance of getting on the ground right at the posted arrival time....then you will only really be about 10-15 minutes late......could be worse.....The gate agent is being really kind and helpful and still managing the gate change for the previous flight to Cancun....

After a year of travels my tolerance level is quite low of the non-seasoned travelers.  You get in the way at security, this is the way it is and the checking could indeed be worse.  I have witnessed a lot of subtle changes that make the passage through TSA security a much more reasonable experience.  This includes better eye contact, acknowledging you when presented with difficulty, assisting more with the placing screened items in bins, reminding travelers in lines of expectations, and so on and so forth....

Gate changes are normal occurrences, travelers would do well to expect a few of those during their journeys. Mechanical failures happens, most of the time you can sit there for up to Two hours, being 30 minutes late and having a new plane with a minor gate change is better than the 180 minute delay....

I guess it is all about perspective, which goes into the world I work professionally.  Many travelers have only ever worried about self and don't care nor know that there is a larger fabric of things beyond them of which they only make up a small part.  Can you imagine if these travelers were to worry like this over education, what they eat and consume, faith-based philosophies, and other generally important larger issues.  Now that would be refreshing and get the chaos in those issues to have advancing solutions in my perfect world.

My wife recently participated in a 48 hour short film festival...She had a blast being a key writer and script editor.  I was glad to see her so involved in the process...I think I caught a glimpse of how she may feel as I get absorbed into some of my responsibilities in my professional life especially as I try to assure that our family's needs are met and adequately supported.  Dennis was also involved in this project.  The only bad thing is that it occurred during Father's day and Liz was quite tired on that day.  I can't say really in retrospect that I have any right to being mad etc, I was just disappointed to a degree and again caught a glimpse of what my wife and son must feel at times as I have to do similar to keep my livelihood and professional position.  I get to see the finished product today and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.  One of the actors needed a place to lay his head and we accommodated him.  Always interesting to see peoples reaction when we respond that this is just what we do when they express gratitude....We are generally quite glad to provide accommodation to those in need.

This leads me to my Wal-Mart line experience.  I was in line purchasing allergy medicine and a drink and there weren't many checkers in the Portland Maine location I was at.  A few of those in line were frustrated with a gentleman that was counting change (silver, bronze to make his purchase).  He didn't have enough and had to ask the checker to put somethings back, which due to the impatience and comments of others in line, scoffed and hurriedly made the changes and assisted the counting in a somewhat frustrated state.  The gentleman asked if he could leave his cart and the recently purchased treasures near a bench so he could go use the restroom....I asked the checker to please place the remaining items in a bag and let the gentleman know upon his return that the items are his and are now paid for.  I don't know this man, I don't know how he received this news upon his return and I didn't wait to see it.  I saw a need and felt prompted to not only fulfill his need but just do it and move on with my needs.  The checker's response was interesting.  She looked at me bewildered, then collected herself saying 'well isn't that just so good of you' with a hint of sarcasm.  I looked at her and stated simply, 'I sure hope when either of us finds our self in a situation similar to his, someone might be so kind to rescue us in our time of need'.  I didn't say anything more and watch a change hit this younger lady and a small tear begin to form.  It is a simple reminder to me that I firmly believe many forget or simply just don't know what exists outside of self.  I just hope this simple measure of goodwill for this gentleman was well received after my departure....

Life is good.  I turn 37 years old tomorrow.  I have a wonderful family.  I am married to my best friend, a pretty gal name Liz.  I have a wonderful son named Dennis, appropriately named as his role of menace grows.  I am in generally good health, have shelter and meals and transportation that meets our needs.  It is sometimes good to sit down, sit back and count ones blessings.  I think I have just done that....

That is all for now.....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]